At Texas Joint Institute, our surgeons are leaders in hip repair and replacement and use leading-edge technology to ensure the best possible patient. You can call (972) 566-5255 to schedule an appointment to learn more about your options to alleviate your hip and knee pain.
When hip pain interferes with your daily life, and nonsurgical treatments are no longer working to relieve it, it may be time to see a specialist about hip replacement.
Some symptoms signaling it is time to consider hip replacement include:
- Pain and difficulty when rising to stand.
- Pain that increases when standing or walking, even when using the support of a walking device (walker, cane, etc.).
- Pain making it difficult to do regular activities, like getting dressed or sitting at your desk.
- Changing your schedule to accommodate your pain, like avoiding certain activities or not being able to go up or down the stairs.
- Pain making it difficult to sleep.
Knee pain can be caused by injuries, arthritis, lifestyle and more. It is important to see a joint specialist who can properly diagnose the source of your knee pain.
Take our free joint pain assessment and get more information about the pain you are experiencing and possible next steps.
Some concerning symptoms of knee pain can include:
- Stiffness and swelling of the knee.
- Knee is red and warm to the touch.
- Cannot straighten the knee, and weakness and instability of the knee joint.
- Pop, crunch, or grinding sounds in the knee.
- Pain in other places of the leg, including the calf, shin, or thigh.
If your symptoms progress, it is time to see a doctor when:
- You cannot bear weight on the knee.
- Have severe swelling, redness, or pain associated with a recent injury.
- Have a fever in addition to redness and/or knee pain.
If you are experiencing these symptoms, call (972) 566-5255 to make an appointment with a one of our joint specialists to determine the best option for you.